NASHO is a registered Non-Profit Organisation with a registered constitution.
The NASHO structure is formed by the National Council (NC), the National Executive Committee (NEC) and the Provincial Executive Committees (PEC). The NEC is composed of the National Office Bearers, elected for a period of two years, as well as the Chairperson of each PEC.
National Council (NC)
The National Council is represented by all accredited members.
National Office Bearers (NOB)
National Office Bearers (NOB) who currently comprise of:
- President – Anthea Houston
- Deputy President – Vacant
- Treasurer – Andrew Wiseman
- General Secretary – Thomas Ntuli
National Executive Council (NEC) and PEC members
- Busi Mazibuko – Mpumalanga/Limpopo
- Anthea Houston
- Andrew Wiseman
- Thomas Ntuli
- Tony Lloyd – Eastern Cape
- Renier Erasmus – Western Cape
- Bongani Molefe – Gauteng
- Heather Maxwell – KZN
- General Manager – Karabelo Pooe
- Office Manager – Vanessa Watman
- Urban Housing Development associate – Bathandwa Gumede
- Technical Service Centre Co-ordinator – Jacus Pienaar (PT)
NASHO has committees in Gauteng, Eastern Cape, Western Cape, Kwa Zulu Natal and Mpumalanga.
The aims of the regions are to ensure strategic local presence in social rental housing activities, the transfer of knowledge, sharing of information and encouragement of networks.